Klout says that scores will be impacted by a Facebook page in the ways you would expect: number of likes, people talking about, etc. They also estimate that linking a Facebook page to an existing Klout account should increase a score by about 7 points, depending on the quality of the page.
If you are a social media manager, you probably know that you have been able to connect a Facebook page to your Klout accounts for some time. To the best of my knowledge, until now, the connection has served as just a pretty little link to your page. It had no bearing on your score.
Here is a refresher on how to link a Facebook page to a Klout account in case you haven't done so before. It's pretty simple. Here is all you have to do:
- Log in to Klout as your brand (not your personal account) and make sure that you are also an admin for the Facebook page you'd like to connect
- Once logged in, go here to connect a new network
- Click on "Connect Now" next to Facebook
- Navigate through the Facebook app authorization screens
- Once you have connected your Facebook account (don't worry, it won't be connected for long), it will ask you if you want to connect a page. Click on "select your page now."
- Navigate through the additional authorization screens and then you will get a confirmation screen that your page is connected and your personal account is disconnected
- Klout estimates it to take 1-2 days for your score to reflect the Facebook page addition